Never feel lost underwater
Underwater navigation skills are an important part of diving. The skills you learn on this course will increase your confidence and reduce stress and anxiety levels, which will in turn improve your air consumption and give you more time to enjoy the dive instead of concentrating on not getting separated from your dive buddy and/or getting lost.
The skills you learn on this course will provide a good base from which to develop further diving skills, such as wreck diving, search and recovery, and the PADI Rescue Diver course. You will be introduced to natural and compass navigation.
- To develop your practical knowledge of underwater navigation
- Increase your diving skills Plan, organise and make navigation dives
- Improve your diving ability, and provide you with additional supervised experience
- Heighten your awareness of underwater surroundings and features as part of the natural navigation module
What you cover
- Navigation patterns
- Estimating distance underwater
- Natural navigation (without a compass)
- Compass navigation
- How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object, or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- Dive site relocation
- Navigating a course underwater, with a compass
- Wraysbury or Vobster Quay
- PADI Underwater Navigator manual
- Equipment Certification (upon successful completion of the course)
- Certified Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Complete a medical questionnaire, if you answer yes to any questions on the Medical form you must see a doctor prior to starting the course.
- Complete the PADI Continuing Education Administration Document - Please click here.
- Admission fees to dive site
- Air £15