Water may cover seven tenths of the Earth’s surface, but if it weren't for exposure suits, diving would be limited to a relatively narrow band straddling the equator. That would indeed be unfortunate as some of the best diving lies well north and south of the tropical waters and also in lakes, at altitude and at deeper depths that constantly remain cool. Without protection from the cold, some of the best diving would be inaccessible.
Of the exposure suit types available, the dry suit has opened the door to comfortable diving in the coolest waters.
Dry suit diving will allow you to comfortably enjoy fantastic cold water diving. There is phenomenal diving right on your door step just waiting to be discovered by you. Dry suits reduce the heat loss that your body suffers diving in wetsuits which allows you to remain comfortable in water temperatures in single figures.
Diving in cold water IS fun. Being cold is not!!
The Dry suit course teaches you the techniques to dive safely and comfortably in your dry suit.
Gatwick Scuba supplies Drysuits for use on your course
- Wraysbury or Vobster Quay
- Training (confined water session, Drysuit Orientation on the Friday evening 19:00 - 21:00. This is the Friday before the course and is at our pool in Lingfield, Surrey, RH7 6LE and then 2 open water dives at the dive site named on the event booking page.)
- All Equipment (including dry suit)
- Dry Suit Diver manual & Certification (on successful completion of the course)
- Certified Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Complete a Continuing Education Administration Document. If you answer yes to any questions on the Medical statement, you must complete a PADI Medical form and a GP must sign page 2 of the document.
- Complete PADI Medical questionnaire and liability realeases.If unsure about any medical history please contact us and request the Medical Form before booking your course. If you answer YES to any question on the form it must be signed by a Doctor before we can do any in water activity. Failure to do this may result in you being sent away until the form is completed.
- Up to date with dive skills by either completed a Refresher or have dived within the last 6 months.
- Admission fees to dive site £10
- Air £10