Water may cover seven tenths of the Earth’s surface, but if it weren't for exposure suits, diving would be limited to a relatively narrow band straddling the equator. That would indeed be unfortunate as some of the best diving lies well north and south of the tropical waters and also in lakes, at altitude and at deeper depths that constantly remain cool. Without protection from the cold, some of the best diving would be inaccessible.
Of the exposure suit types available, the dry suit has opened the door to comfortable diving in the coolest waters.
Dry suit diving will allow you to comfortably enjoy fantastic cold water diving. There is phenomenal diving right on your door step just waiting to be discovered by you. Dry suits reduce the heat loss that your body suffers diving in wetsuits which allows you to remain comfortable in water temperatures in single figures.
Diving in cold water IS fun. Being cold is not!!
The Dry suit course teaches you the techniques to dive safely and comfortably in your dry suit.
Gatwick Scuba supplies Drysuits for use on your course
- Vobster Quay
- Training (confined water session, Drysuit Orientation on the Friday evening 19:00 - 21:00. This is the Friday before the course and is at our pool in Lingfield, Surrey, RH7 6LE and then 2 open water dives at the dive site named on the event booking page.)
- All Equipment (including dry suit)
- Dry Suit Diver E-Learning & Certification (on successful completion of the course)
- Certified Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Before Booking Your Course. Please click on the highlighted forms in blue and printout them out and complete them, Continuing Education Administration Document & PADI Medical form. Please read the medical carefully and follow all the instructions, if a GP's signature is required on page 3 please get this signed before booking the course. If you have issues with your GP signing then please contact the shop for assistance. Failure to do this may result in you being sent away until the form is completed.
- Be up to date with dive skills by either completed a Refresher or have logged dives within the last 6 months in your logbook.
- Admission fees to dive site £15.00 for Wraysbury. £23.00 for Vobster Quay.
- Air £10