The PADI Rescue Diver course is an important and crucial step in expanding your diving knowledge and experience beyond a purely recreational level. This course is one of the most enjoyable courses that PADI has created.
Consisting of both theory and open water training, you will learn all the skills and techniques to assist both yourself and a buddy in an emergency. As with training in similar fields of emergency care, the primary objective of the course is to prevent the need for use of rescue skills. You will be taught how to think as well as act.
Five theory modules divided into 4 sections:
- The Psychology of rescue
- Being prepared for a diver emergency
- Accident management
- Responding to diver emergencies
Your open water training will cover:
- Self rescue
- Dealing with a tired diver
- Dealing with a panicked diver
- Response from shore/boat
- Dealing with a distressed diver underwater
- Searching for a missing diver
- Surfacing the unresponsive diver
- Dealing with an unresponsive diver at the surface
- Egress with an unconscious diver
- First Aid for pressure related injuries
- Scenario training
- Gatwick Scuba, Lingfield (Theory & Pool) Thursday Evening before your open water dives. 19.00 - 22.00
- Wraysbury (Open Water Dives) 09.00 - 17.00 Saturday & Sunday
- PADI's Electronic Learning worth £155.00
- All training
- Full equipment (including mask, snorkel & fins)
- Certifiction card
- Minimum 12yrs of age
- Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- EFR or equivalent first aid certification within last 2 years
- Complete a Continuing Education Administration Document. If you answer yes to any questions on the Medical statement, you must complete a full PADI Medical form and a GP must sign page 2 of the document before we can do any in water activity. Failure to do this may result in you being sent away until the form is completed.
- Be up to date with dive skills by either completed a Refresher or have logged dives within the last 6 months in your logbook.
Course Options, Costs & Additional Costs
- Course Cost £330.00 Including Rescue Diver E-Learning (PC based or Touch Devise)
- Admission to Dive Site - £15 per day for Wraysbury or £18.00 per day for Vobster Quay.
- Air - £25 per course
A Voucher is available to allow customers to complete their Pre-Study and then book their training at a later stage if they are not sure on the dates they are available for.
Please click the button below.