The PADI Divemaster Internship is the first step to becoming a diving professional. Whether you are looking for a career change or want to use your diving experience to help others entering the sport. This is where it starts!
The PADI Divemaster holds an important role within every dive operation. As a Divemaster you support the instructor during courses. Assist in maintaining control, supervision and safety. Assist with the logistics involved with running courses and provide a role model for the students you come in to contact with, helping to create good, responsible divers of the future.
Although we offer the internship free of charge to our loyal customers, we do require a £250 training bond which is refunded upon completion of the course & internship.
Candidates must complete the following in addition to the compulsory course pre-requisites:
- 4 Open Water Diver Referral Courses
- 4 Open Water Qualifying Dive Courses
- 1 Continuing Education Course Divemaster
Internship Course Goals
- To develop the knowledge, attitudes, judgement and skills for supervising certified divers in a variety of diving activities .
- To develop knowledge, attitudes, judgement and skills for assisting training divers in PADI courses
- To develop the knowledge, attitudes, judgement and skills for independantly conducting specific PADI programmes for certified divers and non divers (Scuba review, Discover Snorkeling, PADI Skin diver course and Discover Scuba (with DSD leader rating)
- To develop the candidates dive theory knowledge, waterskills, rescue skills and experience to the levels necessary to enter the PADI Assistant Instructor course and the PADI Instructor Development course
- To promote each candidates growth to meet individual needs and interests and to meet the dive community's needs and expectations in dive leaders
- Knowledge development - candidates work through the Divemaster manual, complete all 9 knowledge reviews and it is recommended to complete study sections from the diving knowledge workbook, using reference material from the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, IMPORTANT - This is completed prior to the start of the Divemaster course - or you can complete the PADI Divemaster e-Learning programme
- During the Divemaster course your instructor will review knowledge development sections to reinforce understanding to prepare candidates for the Divemaster exam which concludes the knowledge development. Waterskills/Stamina assessment Complete 24 demonstration quality skills from the Open Water diver course
- Complete a Rescue assessment
- Complete practical application skills.
- Complete Divemaster conducted programmes workshops
- Create an Emergency Assistance Plan for a designated dive site
- During Internship training (practical assessment), work with student divers in training both in the pool and in Open Water
- Gatwick Scuba, Lingfield
- Vobster Quay
- Induction Timings
- Variable based on course structure
- All Training
- Air fills (pool only)
- Certified PADI Rescue Diver
- EFR Primary / Secondary Care within 24 months
- Minimum 18 yrs of age
- Have a minimum of 40 dives to start, 60 dives for completion
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months
- Completed Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, Rescue Diver, Underwater Navigation, Deep Diver & Search & Recovery courses with Gatwick (London) Scuba. (If not, please contact us prior to booking to find out what deals we can offer you)
- Divemaster application fee to PADI (currently £65 plus vat)
- PADI electronic eRDPML (price through Gatwick Scuba £15)
- Divemaster Crew Pack
- Air fills during any Open water training and site entry fees
Divemaster Crew Pack (DM manual, slates, current instructor manual, DSD cue cards, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, emblem decal, brochures, bag)
At Gatwick Scuba we pride ourselves with the quality of training we offer. After completion of your Divemaster internship, hopefully you will consider this experience as just the start of your journey into the professional levels of diver training. We want to provide you all with continuing support and guidance to further your development and to welcome you to Gatwick Scuba to join our continuing effort to produce good, safe and responsible divers of the future.