This course is the first two sections of the PADI open water diver course (knowledge development & pool work) this must be completed before you can move on to your four open water dives. Please note that all PADI courses are performance based and some students may need more time to complete this section.
At the end of the course your Referral Certificate (part of your Log Book) will be signed, this document is valid for 12 months.
You then have the choice of doing your Open Water qualifying dives here in the UK with us, or alternatively, go to any other PADI Dive Centre worldwide. This certificate is proof that you have completed all theory (home study & classroom sessions) and the pool sessions to a level that you are now eligible to undertake the four qualifying dives and become a PADI Open Water Diver.
- All training at our purpose built training facility in Lingfield, Surrey by PADI Elite Instructors or PADI Course Directors.
- A choice of learning materials of either PADI's E-Learning for Windows PC's or Touch Learning for Tablet style devices.
- Use of full equipment
- Air fills
- Minimum age 12 years old. (10 & 11 year olds by special agreement must be above average fitness)
- Swim 200 metres (no time limit) & Tread Water / Float for 10 minutes comfortably.
- Complete all the pre study requirements at home in your own time via PADI's course materials prior to attending the pool session for 1 Day courses and each relevant section for evening courses. I.E Intro & Section 1 before Pool Dive 1, Section 2 before Pool Dive 2 and so on.
- Complete 3 PADI forms including a medical questionnaire and liability realeases. If unsure about any medical history click on the blue Medical Form link below to preview and check the form before booking your course. If you answer YES to ANY of the questions on the form it must be signed by a Doctor before you can do any in water activities. Failure to do this will result in you being sent away until the form has been signed.
- Medical Form
There are several options for this course from a private 1 on 1 basis (phone to arrange a time/date to suit) to group classes.
Course Cost Including Study Materials and Full Equipment Hire: