This course is the full PADI open water diver course (knowledge development, pool work & open water dives) where you will learn and be tested on all the skills an open water diver needs to keep themselves and their duddy safe whilst having the freedom to explore without the need of proffessional assistance. PADI courses are performance based and some students may need more time to complete the entire course.
At the end of your Open Water Course you will recieve a divers I.D card that certifies that you have the skills to dive safely anywhere in the world to a maximum depth of 18m subject to age. (Juniors have specific limits so please check with us if you are unsure)
Diving in UK waters can be slightly more challenging than other more tropical regions. Completing your dives in the UK will definitely allow you to gain a higher level of training and competence.
The first step is to complete a PADI Referral Course (£89.00 midweek or £125.00 weekend) where you will complete your knowledge pre-study which can be done via PADI's E-Learning (PC) or Touch Learning (Tablet) £118.00 when purchased from us with the course. Once this is completed you bring the certificate with you to the course where you will review the knowledge and learn all the required skills in our purpose build heated training pool.
The four open water qualifying dives are your final step to becoming a qualified Open Water Diver which takes place in a lake so we dont need to be concearned about tides and currents. All Open Water Dives are conducted in Drysuits. Drysuits have water tight neck and wrist seals which stop water entering the suit. A thermal base-layer ensures you stay nice and warm, even in the cooler winter months! All divers wearing a Drysuit for their training will need to attend a pool session called an orientation which must be done before diving in open water, this can be done at the end of your pool session if previously agreed. it usually takes place at our training facility on the Friday evening before your Open Water Dives. (£160.00 if the referral course is completed through us).
Don't be cold... Be comfortable! The only dive school in the UK that has dry glove systems on all of its school equipment.
- Gatwick Scuba's training facility in Lingfield, Surrey.(Off junction 6, M25 and conected to London via trains hourly)
- Wraysbury Dive Lake, Near Heathrow.
- Full Equipment
- PADI Certification
- Minimum age 12 (special arrangements available for 10 & 11 year olds)
- Must be able to Swim 200m and stay afloat / tread water for 10 minutes.
- Perform pre study requirements at home in your own time via PADI's course materials purchased seperatly.
- Complete PADI Medical questionnaire and liability realeases.If unsure about any medical history please contact us and request the Medical Form before booking your course. If you answer YES to any question on the form it must be signed by a Doctor before we can do any in water activity. Failure to do this may result in you being sent away until the form is completed.
Costs & Additional Costs
- Referral Course £89.00 Midweek or £125.00 Weekend.
- PADI E-Learning Materials (PC Based) or PADI's Touch Learning (Tablet Based), £118.00
- Four Open Water Completion Dives, £160.00 if Referral Completed with us, £199.00 if completed some where else.
- Admission to dive site – (Wraysbury £10.00 per day per person)
- Air for Open Water Dives is £20.00 per person payable at Wraysbury on the Saturday.
- Accommodation and transport are not included.
- Children aged 15 or younger may have to complete the dives in a wetsuit instead of a drysuit. This all depends on their sizes, which will be taken at the time of booking.
- We reserve the right to conduct the dives in semi-dry wetsuits, should we not have your particular size available in a Drysuit. If using a Dry Suit, a confined water (normally pool) orientation session is required (these take place at the dive centre at the end of modules 1 & 2 on the Friday before your Open Water Dives (Module 3) at Wraysbury on Saturday & Sunday.
Prices from £249.00. + study materials.