This stunning group of atolls is host to an underwater paradise brimming with marine wildlife. Located south west of Sri Lanka in the warm, tropical waters of the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are made up of over 1200 tiny, low-lying coral islands surrounded by white sand. The abundance of marine life in the Maldives can be attributed to the ideal growing conditions the waters provide for coral reef. These coral reefs are home to more than 700 species of fish, many of which are sadly endangered. In the lagoons you can find whale sharks, turtles, octopus, manta rays and the giant Napoleon Wrasse to name just a few.
Gatwick Scuba works with some of the industry’s leading travel companies to organise holiday’s for divers of all abilities. We welcome new and old into our club, with the main aim of getting people diving, thus passing on our passion to you and leaving you with great memory’s for the rest of your lives! Wherever possible we also send an experienced Gatwick Scuba representative to guide the trip and to take care of all logistics, training courses & to ensure you have maximum enjoyment from your trip.
If you wish to embark on additional training on your holiday, maybe a new speciality or the Advanced Open Water Diver course, you can do so at a reduced cost. The various deals are trip specific, so please drop us an email to register your interest and we will let you know.
The Maldives is tropical all year round and water temperatures range from 27°C to 29°C. Divers have the opportunity to see a huge range of beautiful hard and soft corals as well as the famous manta rays, whale sharks, sharks, turtles, barracudas, jacks and tuna.
In our experience the best way to discover the Maldives is by Liveaboard.....
Liveaboards are the platform for the ideal dive holiday. First class diving combined with a luxurious comfort, all served up in the relaxing atmosphere of sun and sea - what more could you ask for! And it is never too early to get into the liveaboard swing of things. Irrespective of your experience level, we have a liveaboard to suit you. All liveaboards are staffed by highly experienced instructors, who are on hand to share their wealth of local hints and tips. The professional guides and crew always work tirelessly to make sure your holiday is memorable for all the right reasons.
What's included in the price?
- Return flights - London - Male
- 7 nights’ full board accommodation - all with en-suite facilities
- Tea, coffee & water
- Tanks & Weights
- Unlimited diving
- A London Scuba Instructor to cater for all your needs!
- At least one expert dive guide
- If you intend on diving, you must be a qualified PADI Open Water Diver with a minimum of 30 logged dives.
What to take
- Full set of Scuba equipment excluding tanks and weights
- Shorts & T-Shits are the norm, a sweater for the evenings.
- Sun cream & after sun
- European travel adapter
- Water temperature ranges between 27-29 degrees
- 3mm - 7mm full length wetusits are recommended, depending on time of year
- Air temperature ranges between 26 - 34 degrees
- Local currency is the Rufiyaa Although Euros, GBP & US Dollars are widely accepted
- Inoculations are not compulsory but consult your GP for further details
- If you answer YES to any of the questions on the medical form, you will need a doctor’s note stating that you're "fit to dive", current within the past 12 months
Passports and Visas
- A full ten-year passport is required
- Passports must be valid for at least 6 months
- 4 hrs ahead of GMT